Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for WELTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post, Money Order Office, and Savings Bank, Welton; Mrs. M. A. P. Appleton, postmistress.
Letters via Brough (York.), arrive at 6.45 a.m., and are despatched at 7-0 p.m.
- Petty Sessions for South Hunsley Beacon Division are held every alternate Monday, in the
Court Room, Welton.
The following are the Magistrates - William Henry Harrison-Broadley, Esq., Welton; J. E.
Wade, Brantinghamthorpe; James Reckitt, Esq., Swanland; Charles Percy Sykes, Esq.,
West Ella; Arthur Egginton, Esq., South Ella.
Miscellany of trades
- Friendly Society - Ancient Order of Forresters; Charles Lawton, secretary.
- Appleton Mrs. Mary Ann Parkinson, Pavilion Refreshment house, Post office
- Ayre Mr. Crawford
- Baker Rev. Charles, curate, Pool bank
- Bayram Thomas, machinist
- Beamish Mr. Henry
- Bean James, market gardener and carrier to Hull (Tues., Thur., & Sat.), Pool Bank hs
- Boardman Enoch, schoolmaster (& agent Yorks. Insurance Co.)
- Bousfield John, blacksmith (and overseer)
- Brown Miss Annie, dressmaker
- Dorsey Christopher, draper
- England Mr. Charles, Spring hill
- Gardham David, carrier to Hull (Friday)
- Giddy Vincent, pork butcher
- Greenwood Miss A., schoolmistress
- Groom Herbert William, tailor, &c.
- Harrison-Broadley William Henry, Esq., J.P., D.L., Welton house
- Harsley Wm., beerseller, and carrier to Hull (Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday)
- Harvey Daniel, superintendent of Police
- Heesom Thomas, dalekeeper, Welton Dale cot
- Herring Mrs. Rebecca, fancy goods dealer
- Hessey Henry, tailor, &c.
- Hill Arthur Gibson (merchant, Hull)
- Hirschfeld Sigismund, mercht., Welton garth
- Jackson Mr. Frank (solr. Hull), Welton cot
- Jackson Mrs. Mary, Welton cottage
- Jackson Thomas, M.R.C.S. & L.S.A. (M.O. to Ferriby District of Sculcoates Union)
- Johnson Edward, saddler
- Joy Mr. Douglas, Welton hill
- Kellington William, shopkeeper
- Lancaster Jesse, grocer
- Marshall Isaac, head gamekeeper
- Myers George Henry, grocer, draper, &c.
- Neal Thomas, shopkeeper
- Nelson Richard, blacksmith, &c.
- Ollevant Mrs. Margaret, Crake villa
- Paget Rev. Thomas Bradley (canon of York), Welton vicarage
- Parkinson Mrs.
- Penrose Henry, grocer and bricklayer
- Scarborough Mrs. Ann, cowkeeper & cab proptr
- Shaw Jonathan, veterinary surgeon
- Sonley George Wm., farmer and vict., Green Dragon (and posting house)
- Tatam Charles V., shoemaker
- Thompson Matthew, shopkeeper
- Thompson William, wheelwright, &c.
- Wiles George, flour dealer
- Wilkinson Mr. Sydney Walter, Welton grange
- Woodcock Mrs. Sarah, beerseller, Bee Hive
- Bartram John (and butcher)
- Clayton John William (and miller)
- Dunn George Dawson, Low farm
- Dunn Robert (trustees of late), Welton wold
- Giddy Stancer, Elloughton hill
- Robinson Wm. (farm bailiff), Timber yard
- Sonley George William, Model farm
- Post Office at Robert Gray's. Letters via Brough arrive at 7-5 a.m.,
and are despatched at 6-45 p.m., Sundays at 2-25 p.m. Nearest Money Order and
Telegraph Office, and Railway Station, North Ferriby (one-and-a-quarter miles).
Miscellany of trades
- Day Mrs. Jane
- Dowe John, shopkeeper
- Gray Robt., joiner, &c., and sub-postmaster
- Hearfield Thomas, solicitor, Melton house
- Pease Arthur Burton, Esq., Melton hill
- Wilson Edward S., solicitor (E. S. Wilson & Son, Hull), Melton grange
- Blythe Henry
- Hales Joseph, Laurel farm
- Morley Mrs. Rosina
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.43 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]