Aysgarth parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the wapentake of Hang West; 4 miles from Askrigg, 9 from
Hawes, 7 from Leyburn, 9 from Middleham, 52 from York. Population 293.
The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Andrew, in the deanery of
Catterick, diocese of Chester.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1709-1899
- Marriages: 1709-1946
- Burials: 1709-1920
- 1637, 1663, 1665, 1670, 1674, 1676, 1678, 1680, 1681, 1687, 1692,1696-1698, 1701-1707, 1709, 1710, 1713-1718, 1721, 1723, 1725-1730, 1732,
1734, 1736-1738, 1740-1875, (all at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds).
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1637-1728 (from BTs); Typed transcript, no index; Marian Kirby, 1992; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- CMB 1709-1840; Typed transcript, with index; Miss Pole-Stuart, 1942; Society of Genealogists
- C 1746-1813; M 1746-1756; B 1746-1812; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- C 1813-1899; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1637-1737; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1754-1909; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- B 1813-1920; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014