Wensley parish registers, Bolton cum Redmire Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry in the parish of Wensley, wapentake of Hang-West, comprising
the townships of Castle Bolton and Redmire; 5 miles from Leyburn, 7 from
Middleham, 11 from Hawes. Population, Castle Bolton 278, Redmire 399,
total 677. The Church is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Oswald.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1684-1856
- Marriages: 1684-1978
- Burials: 1684-1877
- 1678, 1680, 1681, 1685-1687, 1690, 1693, 1694, 1696-1713, 1715-1718,1721-1723, 1725-1728, 1730-1738, 1740-1749, 1751-1791, 1793-1833, 1836-
1858, (all at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds).
- C 1678-1752, 1753-1848;
- M 1678-1752, 1753-1847
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1684-1856; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1684-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1729-1770; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- B 1684-1877; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015