Crayke parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A detached part of County Durham, and part of the Bishopric of Durham. A
parish in the wapentake of Bulmer; 2¼ miles from Easingwold, 12 from
Helmsley and York. Population 538. It is a rectory within the archdeaconry
and peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of Durham.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1558-1856
- Marriages: 1558-1982
- Burials: 1558-1898
- 1704, 1713, 1715, 1718, 1721, 1728, 1731, 1769-1835, (all at Durham University Library, Archives and Special)
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1558-1812; Transcript with index;
Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) CD14
- CMB 1558-1812; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1558-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1700-1812; Index only; Society of Genealogists
- M 1700-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016