Cundall parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the wapentake of Hallikeld; 4½ miles from Boroughbridge, 7 from
Thirsk, 8 from Ripon, 18 from York. Population, including Leckby 170. The
Church, a mean edifice, situated about ¼ of a mile north of the village, is a
perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Mary and All Saints, in the deanery of
Boroughbridge, diocese of Chester.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1582-1922
- Marriages: 1582-1836
- Burials: 1582-1803
- 1674, 1675, 1687, 1689-1691, 1696, 1698, 1699, 1705-1713, 1715-1718,1721, 1723-1728, 1730-1733, 1735-1738, 1740-1813, 1817-1820, 1822-1840,
1842-1859, 1861, 1862, 1864-1867, (all at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds).
- C 1590-1653, 1680-1780, 1781-1847;
- M 1582-1652, 1674-1836
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1572-1780; Printed transcript with index; 1898; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- CMB 1781-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1582-1780; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015