Gilling East parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the wapentake of Rydale; 5 miles from Helmsley, 8½ from
Easingwold, 10 from Kirkby Moorside, 18 from York. Population 168. The
Church is a rectory dedicated to the Holy Cross, in the deanery of Rydale.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1573-1886
- Marriages: 1573-1978
- Burials: 1573-1966
- 1606, 1607, 1617, 1622, 1625, 1631, 1632, 1634, 1636-1640, 1661-1665, 1667-1669, 1675, 1678, 1679, 1682, 1683, 1686, 1688-1695, 1697-
1703, 1705-1712, 1714, 1718-1759, 1760?, 1761-1855, 1864, 1866, 1867,
- C 1573-1812, 1813-1875;
- M 1572-1849
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB C16-1812; Transcript with index;
Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) with Kilburn and Oswaldkirk, CD: P12
- C 1563-1837; MB 1571-1837; Consolidated Index at Northallerton Record Office, Ryedale; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- CMB 1573-1812; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 113; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- C 1563-1837; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- MB 1571-1837; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- B 1715-1966;
Rydale Family History Group (purchase).
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015