Great Thirkleby parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the wapentake of Birdforth; 4 miles from Thirsk, 7 from
Easingwold, 20 from York. Population, including High Thirkleby and Low
Thirkleby 293, which together, form the township of Thirklebys Ambo. The
Church is a vicarage, dedicated to All Saints, in the deanery of Bulmer.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1611-1963
- Marriages: 1612-1929
- Burials: 1611-1994
- 1597-1602, 1608, 1625, 1626, 1631-1633, 1639-1641, 1662-1673, 1675,1678-1687, 1690, 1691, 1693, 1694, 1697-1708, 1710-1716, 1718-1845,
1847-1850, 1860, 1861
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1611-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- CB 1611-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1613-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1613-1836; Typed transcript, with index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1780-1836; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- B 1612-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015