Leake parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and township, in the wapentake of Allertonshire, and in the peculiar
jurisdiction of the Bishop of Durham; 5 miles from Northallerton, 6 from
Thirsk, 29 from York. Population 11. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to
St. Mary, in the deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1570-1687, 1695-1980
- Marriages: 1570-1686, 1696-1970
- Burials: 1570-1687, 1695-1980
- The registers of Leake also contain separate entries for the Chapelry of Nether
Silton, there are no separate registers for this Chapelry.
- 1661, 1662, 1665, 1696, 1726, 1759, 1760-1812*, (all at Durham University Library, Archives and Special). Thefollowing are at Borthwick Institute of Historical Research: 1813-1830, 1832-1836
* The transcripts include Nether Silton from 1763-1812.
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1571-1837; Consolidated Index at Northallerton Record Office, Hambleton Hills; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- CMB 1571-1837; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- M 1820-1830; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014