Loftus parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the east-division of Langbargh; 8 miles from Guisborough, 14
from Whitby, 16 from Stokesley, 59 from York. Population 1,178. The church
is a rectory, dedicated to St. Leonard, in the deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (Cleveland Archives)
- Baptisms: 1697-1961
- Marriages: 1697-1936
- Burials: 1697-1909
- 1600-1602, 1604, 1607, 1610, 1612-1615, 1617, 1631-1634, 1637, 1639,1661, 1662, 1664-1669, 1673, 1677, 1681, 1682, 1687-1689, 1691, 1693-
1697, 1700, 1702, 1703, 1705, 1706, 1708-1716, 1718-1778, 1781-1831,
1842-1857, 1859-1869, 1872
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1600-1633 (from BTs); Typed transcript, no index; Cleveland Archives
- C 1708-1742; Typed transcript, no index; Cleveland Archives
- M 1708-1742, 1754-1837; Typed transcript, no index; Cleveland Archives
- M 1751-1760; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- B 1708-1742; Typed transcript, no index; Cleveland Archives
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016