Marske by the Sea parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
Also known as Marske by the Sea, this is a parish in the east-division of
Langbargh; 3 miles from Redcar, 6 miles from Guisborough, 14 from
Stokesley, 20 from Whitby, 57 from York. Population 576. The Church is a
vicarage, dedicated to St. Germain, in the deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (Cleveland Archives)
- Baptisms: 1570-1636, 1639-1964
- Marriages: 1570-1629, 1643-1972
- Burials: 1569-1623, 1642-1807, 1813-1957
- 1600, 1602-1604, 1606, 1607, 1610, 1611, 1613, 1615, 1617, 1625,1628, 1632, 1634, 1636, 1638-1640, 1662-1669, 1672, 1673, 1675, 1677,
1678, 1685, 1689, 1691, 1692, 1694, 1696-1698, 1700, 1702-1705, 1707-
1854, 1862, 1865
- C 1570-1812, 1813-1865;
- M 1570-1812, 1813-1842
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB late C16-1812; Transcript with index;
Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) with Sculcoates CD: P28
- CMB 1569-1812; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 16; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- CMB 1618, 1625, 1632, 1634, 1636, 1638, 1640, 1662, 1663, 1717-1750 (all from BTs); TNI; Cleveland Archives
- M 1570-1984; Typed transcript, with index; Cleveland Archives
- M 1570-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- M 1570-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- B 1569-1984; Typed transcript, with index; Cleveland Archives
- M 1570-1984; Typed transcript, with index; Cleveland F.H.S. (purchase)
- B 1569-1984; Typed transcript, with index; Cleveland F.H.S. (purchase)
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016