Northallerton parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and market in the wapentake of Allertonshire, and in the peculiar
jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of Durham; 8 miles from Bedale, 9 from
Thirsk, 13 from Catterick, 16 from Richmond, Darlington (Co. Durham),
Yarm, and Stokesley, 17 from Ripon, 19 from Boroughbridge, 20 from
Helmsley, 32 from York, 226 from London, by Boroughbridge, 231 by York.
Population 2,626. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to All Saints, in the
deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1592-1640, 1651-1991
- Marriages: 1592-1640, 1651-1988
- Burials: 1592-1640, 1651-1928
- 1660-1662, 1673, 1697, 1711, 1714, 1726*, 1728, 1730, 1731*, 1759,1769, 1780, 1785, 1808, (all at Durham University Library, Archives and Special). The following are at Borthwick Institute of Historical Research: 1813-
* Includes separate events at Romanby.
- C 1592-1639, 1651-1801, 1813-1875;
- M 1593-1629, 1656-1670
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1592-1834; Extracts only; "History and Antiquities of Northallerton", C. J. D.
Ingledew, 1858; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- C 1592-1640; Manuscript transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- C 1813-1893; Manuscript transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1593-1640; Manuscript transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1813-1842; Manuscript transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- B 1591-1640; Manuscript transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014