Whitby parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and market in the wapentake of Whitby Strand; 20 miles from
Scarborough, 21 from Pickering and Guisborough, 22 from Redcar, 28 from
Stokesley, 48 from York, 246 from London. Population 8,697. The Church, a
specimen of the early Norman architecture, which intervened between the
Saxon and Gothic, is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Mary, in the deanery
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1608-1874
- Marriages: 1608-1945
- Burials: 1608-1946
- 1600, 1609, 1622, 1628, 1631-1637, 1639, 1640, 1661-1663, 1665-1669,1671-1673, 1689, 1691-1700, 1703-1862
- C 1600-1676, 1749-1862;
- M 1608-1676, 1749-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1600-1837; Transcript with index;
Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) CD11
- CMB 1600-1676; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 84; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- CMB 1676-1837, 14 vols; Typed transcript, with index; Cleveland Archives
- CMB 1608-1837; Consolidated Index at Northallerton Record Office, Coastal; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- C 1600-1820; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- C 1660-1812; MB 1676-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- MB 1600-1812; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1676-1739; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1745-1760; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- M 1848-1864; Typed transcript, with index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- B 1813-1816; Index only; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- CMB 1600-1837;
East Yorkshire Family History Society(purchase).
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016