Yarm parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and market in the west-division of Langbargh, (a small part in
Allertonshire); 4 miles from Stockton (Co. Durham), 8 from Tontine Inn, 9
from Stokesley, 10 from Darlington (Co. Durham), 14 from Guisborough, 16
from Northallerton, 20 from Thirsk, 21 from Richmond, 43 from York, 242
from London. Population 1,504. The Church is a perpetual curacy, dedicated
to St. Mary Magdalen, in the deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (CA)
- Baptisms: 1649-1951
- Marriages: 1649-1964
- Burials: 1649-1907
- 1609, 1617, 1625, 1626, 1631-1634, 1636, 1661-1663, 1665-1669, 1671,1675-1677, 1681, 1689, 1692, 1694-1696, 1698-1701, 1705-1723, 1738-1749,
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1649-1837, 4 vols; Manuscript transcript, no index; Cleveland Archives
- CMB 1649-1837; Index only; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- C 1813-1841; M 1813-1837; Typed transcript, with index; Cleveland Archives
- M 1546-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- B 1884-1996, Typed transcript for Yarm Cemetery;
Cleveland Family History Society (purchase).
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014