Barwick in Elmet parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the lower division of Skyrack, Liberty of Pontefract; 7 miles
from Tadcaster and Wetherby, 8 from Leeds, 16 from York. Population 1,481.
The Church is a rectory, dedicated to All Saints, in the deanery of the Ainsty.
Deposited Registers (West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds)
- Baptisms: 1653-1966
- Marriages: 1653-1941
- Burials: 1653-1962
- 1600, 1601, 1631-1641, 1663-1669, 1671-1673, 1676, 1681, 1684-1686,1688-1691, 1693-1704, 1706-1836, 1841, 1842, 1844, 1845, (1837, 1841-
* At West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds
- C 1600-1601, 1631-1812, 1812-1845;
- M 1600-1812, 1812-1836
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1600-1812; Printed transcript with index; G. D. Lumb, 1908; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research, West Yorkshire Archive Service Wakefield
- M 1631-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are
in italics, please see the
Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998).
However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you
know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via
the link at the bottom of this page.
The above copyright data was taken from the book
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016