Hullshire wapentake. -Population, no district ; Church-room, 1,203 *1; Net value, no return.
Architecture Gothic, with tower, steeple, and vaults ; expense, £5,301. 3s.; first stone laid 14th December 1829. -Vide 11th Report, page 4.
Patron, the Vicar of Kingston-upon-Hull.
Value not returned.
An Inclosure Act was passed 2nd Geo. III. for Myton Carr.
No returns as to glebe house or register books.
Parochial Charities. -Vide Holy Trinity.
Post town: Hull.
Mon. Angl., vol. vi. pages 19. 781. 1496. 1581. 1603.
*1 Of which 603 are free sittings. Vide Report of the Church-building Commissioners. -In 1834, only 1,000 sittings were returned.
CARTHUSIAN PRIORY, in Hull. -This was founded by Michael de la Pole, Earl of Suffolk, for thirteen Monks.
MAISON DIEU, in Hull, for thirteen poor men and women, founded A.D. 1344 by John Kingeston.
GRIGG'S HOSPITAL, in Hull, founded by John Grigg, Mayor of Hull. Rebuilt in 1721, and still inhabited by twelve poor widows.
MARINER'S HOSPITAL OF THE HOLY TRINITY, in Hull. Now existing, and under the government of two wardens, ten elder brethren, and six assistants ; and one hundred poor mariners and mariners' widows receive relief.
POLE'S HOSPITAL, in Hull, founded by Michael de la Pole, Earl of Suffolk, about A.D. 1384, for thirteen poor men and thirteen women. Rebuilt temp. Charles II., and is still in being.
SELBY'S HOSPITAL, founded for twelve poor men, temp. Edw. III.
BLACK FRIARS. -There was a Convent of these Friars in Hull.
AUSTIN FRIARS. - A house was founded at Hull by Jeffrey de Hotham about 1317.
COLLEGE OF CARMELITES, founded by the Percies.