Genuki Logo    Thirsk Thirsk  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: CARLTON MINIOT.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.     Church type: Perpetual Curacy.

Birdforth wapentake. -Population, 238, vide Thirsk; Church-room,100 *1; Net value, 103. -This is a Chapel in the parish of Thirsk, but having been augmented by Queen Anne's bounty, it is now become a Benefice.

Patron and impropriator, the Archbishop of York.

Valued in 1707, at 4.12s. per annum, Augmented in 1747, with 200; in 4761, with 200; in 1786, with 200; and in 1799, with 200 -all by lot.

The glebe house was returned in 1818 as unfit for residence, being " a very small cottage." The return in 1834 was " no glebe house."

Register Books, vide Sand Hutton.

Parochial Charities. -No return.

Post town: Thirsk.


References:
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Carleton), page 197. Not noticed by Torre.


Notes:
*1 In 1818, the return was 400.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014