GENUKI Home page    Kirkbymoorside Kirkbymoorside  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: COCKAN.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Rydall wapentake. -Population, 283; Chapel-room, 180; Net value, vide Kirkby Moorside.

Patron, the Vicar of Kirkby Moorside. No return as to glebe house.

Register Books. -No return.

In 1665, Archbishop Sterne granted to this Chapel the right of sepulture. Charities, vide Kirkby Moorside.

Post town: Kirkby Moorside.


References:
Torre's MS. page 264. Abp. Sharp's MS. vol. iii. page 90.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016