GENUKI Home page    Cundall Cundall  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: CUNDALL.     Church dedication: ST. MARY AND ALL SAINTS.     Church type: Augmented Vicarage in charge.*1

Area, 3,150 acres. Hallikeld wapentake. -Population, 346 *2; Church-room, 158 ; Net value, 59.

The lordship of Cundall anciently belonged to the Lords Vipont.

The Church was appropriated to the Priory of Newburgh. Mr. Torre is silent as to the ordination of a Vicarage.

Patron and impropriator, W. Heathcote, Esq.

Inclosure Act (Norton le Clay) 31st Geo. III.

No glebe house.

The Register Books commence in 1582.

Charities:
Land at Minskip, 7a. 3r. 50s. per annum paid for teaching six children, and 10 per annum to a schoolmaster ; residue of the rent to the poor.

Roger Leadley's rent charge, by will, 12th May 1682. 3 per annum for clothing children.

Mary Malton's dole. 5s. per annum.

Clare Smithson's charity, by will, 1803. Dividends on 666. 13s. 4d. three per cent. consols, given in bread and coals. -Vide 4th Report, page 406.


References:
Torre's MS., page 1527. Nonae Roll, page 238. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Cundel), page 92. Whitaker's Richmondshire, vol. ii. page 194.


Notes:
*1 Now held as a perpetual Curacy.

*2 Viz. Cundall with Leckby, 200; Norton le Clay, 146.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014