Genuki Logo    Rudby Rudby  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: EAST ROUNTON.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Langbarugh liberty, W. D. Population, vide Hutton Rudby; Chapel-room, 60 *1; Net value, vide Hutton Rudby. -This is an ancient Chapelry.

Patron, vide Hutton Rudby.

Valued in 1707, at 5. 2s.; and in 1818, at 37. 7s. 6d. per annum.

Augmented in 1747, with 200; in 1771, with 200; in 1786, with 200; in 1800, with 200; in 1817, with 200 from the Parliamentary grant ; and in 1828, with 200 -all by lot.

No glebe house in 1818. No return made in 1818.

The Register Books commence in 1595. The return states, that " No burial register after 1774 can be found."

Marriages are solemnized at this Chapel, but funerals take place at Hutton Rudby.

Parochial Charities. -No return.

Post town: Stokesley.


References:
Not noticed in Torre's MS. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. pages 134. 177. Graves's Cleveland, page 174.


Notes:
*1 Estimated in 1818 at 109.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014