GENUKI Home page    Ormesby Ormesby  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: ESTON.     Church dedication: PATRON SAINT NOT KNOWN.     Church type: Perpetual Curacy.

Langbarugh liberty, E.D. -Population, vide Ormsby ; Chapel-room, 300 *1; Net value, vide Ormsby.

Patron and impropriator, the Archbishop of York.

Valued in 1707, at 17. 10s. 4d.; and in 1818, at 20 per annum.

Augmented in 1772, with 200; in 1809, with 200; in 1829, with 400; and in 1830, with 200, -all by lot.

" The tithes are all appropriated to the Archbishop of York. There is an augmentation of 10 per annum out of the small tithes, and 6. 13s. 4d. out of the great tithes. The latter was made by Archbishop Frewen. Did belong to Ormsby, but it is not known by whom it was dismembered." -Notitia Parochialis.

2nd August 1802, faculty to rebuild the Chapel.

There was no glebe house in 1818. No return in 1834.

The Register Books, commence in 1590.

Parochial Charities. -No return.

Post town: Guisbrough.


References:
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 146. Graves's Cleveland, page 446. Mon. Angl., vol. vi. page 267-275. Burton's Monasticon, pages 164. 225. 343.


Notes:
*1 In 1818, stated at 500.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014