GENUKI Home page    Lastingham Lastingham  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: FARNDALE.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Rudall wapentalie. -Population, vide Lastingham *1 ; Chapel-room, 300 *2 ; Net value, vide Lastingham.

Patron, vide Lastingham.

No return as to glebe house.

Register Books. -No return.

Robert and William de Stuteville gave to the Nunnery at Keldholme materials for building, fencing, and fuel, out of Farnendale.

Parochial Charities. -No return.

Post town: Kirkby Moorside.


References:
Not noticed by Torre. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 93. Burton's Monasticon, page 380.


Notes:
*1 The Population of the Chapelry was returned at 289 in 1834.

*2 Of which 100 free sittings have been obtained under a grant of 100 from the Society for Enlarging Churches.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014