Genuki Logo    Kirkbymoorside Kirkbymoorside  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: GILLAMOOR.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Rydall wapentake. -Population, vide Kirkby Moorside *1; Chapel-room, 230; Net value. vide Kirkby Moorside.

Nicholas de Stuteville gave to the Nuns of Keldholme an annuity of four marks out of his mill at Gillingmore.

Patron, vide Kirkby Moorside.

No return as to glebe house.

Register Books. -No return.

Parochial Charities, vide Kirkby Moorside.

Post town: Kirkby Moorside.


References:
Not noticed by Torre. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 90. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Gedlingesmore), page 199. Burton's Monasticon, page 380.


Notes:
*1 The Population of the Chapelry was returned at 541 in 1834.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014