Allertonshire wapentake. - Population, 133, vide Northallerton ; Chapel-room, 60; Net value, £60.
The town appears to have been formerly much larger than it is at present. The chapel continued in ruins for many years till 1719, when the present humble structure was erected.
Patron, the Vicar of Northallerton. Valued in 1707, at £1. 6s. 8d.; and in 1818, at £40 per annum.
Augmented in 1719, with £200; to meet benefaction of £200 from T. Mauleverer, Esq., and others ; and in 1777, with £200; in 1786, with £200. In 1810, with £200 from the Parliamentary Grant. In 1824, with £200; and in 1826, with £200, -all by lot.
No glebe house.
The Register Books commence in 1720. -Vide earlier transcripts at Durham.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Yarm.
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 164. Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 39. Graves's Cleveland, page 95.