Area, 3,180 acres. Hang West wapentake. Population, 291 ; Church-room, 100; Net value, £64.
Patron, the Vicar of Catterick.
An Inclosure Act was passed 47th Geo. III.
The glebe house is unfit for residence.
The Register Books commence in 1602.
Plows's, by deed, 14th Car. II. Rent of 10a. 2r. of land, and there are five cottages, which are occupied by paupers.
Gregory Elsley's, 1716. Interest of £20.
Thomas Thompson's, 1770. Rent of 1a. 2r. of land ; given among widows.
The School. Established on the inclosure in 1809: twelve free scholars. Endowment ; 24r. 3r. 32p. of land.
Sir Christopher Wandesford's charity. £5 per annum for apprenticing children. -Vide 6th Report, page 621.
Not noticed by Torre. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Hudreswelle), page 104. Whitaker's Richmondshire, vol. ii. page 42.