GENUKI Home page    Kirkby Fleetham Kirkby Fleetham  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: KIRKBY FLEETHAM.     Church dedication: ST.MARY.     Church type: Discharged Vicarage.

Area, 2,950 acres. Hang East wapentake. -Population, 625 ; Church-room, 350; Net value, 200.

Appropriated to the Commandery of Mount St. John.

Valued in the King's Books, at 9. 18s. 4d.

Patron, the Crown.

The glebe house is fit for residence.

The Register Books commence in 1591; from 1686 to 1718, the entries are copied from loose papers-irregular and defective from 1728 to 1763.

Charities:
Leonard Smelt's, by deed, 22nd December 1712, (together with other charitable donations). Rent of fourteen acres of land. -Vide 6th Report, page 625.


References:
Torre's MS., page 1559. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Churchebi), pages 10. 32, 33. 38. 84. 98. 101. 119. 129. 166. Whitaker's Richmondshire, vol. ii. page 61. Bodleian MSS., No. 5078.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014