Genuki Logo    Burneston Burneston  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: LEEMING.     Church dedication: ST. JOHN BAPTIST.

Area, 2,300 acres. Hallikeld wapentake. Population, 633 ; Church-room, 170; Net value, 84.

Patron, the Vicar of Burneston.

Here was a Chantry founded for the soul of Sir John Heslarton, Clerk. There is no glebe house.

Register Books, vide Burneston. Charities, vide Burneston.


References:
Torre's MS., page 1627. Whitaker's Richmondshire, vol. ii. page 133.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014