Pickering Lythe wapentake. -Population, vide Middleton ; Chapel-room, 160; Net value, vide Middleton. -This is a parochial Chapel, formerly considered to be within the parish of Pickering, with right of sepulture.
The patronage was in the Robinson family. It was sold by the Crown after endowing it with £5 per annum.
-Not noticed by Torre.
It is now in the same patronage as Middleton.
1st March 1808, a faculty was granted to new roof the Church and cover it with slate, and also to re-pew the Church.
An Inclosure Act was passed 24th Geo. III.
No return as to glebe house.
The Register Books commence in 1713. -Vide earlier transcripts in the Registry at York.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Pickering.
Torre's MS., page 744. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 97. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Locheton), page 21. Burton's Monasticon, Page 379.