GENUKI Home page    Topcliffe Topcliffe  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: MARTON LE MOOR.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Hallikeld wapentake. Population, vide Topcliffe ; Church-room, 230; Net value, 72.

Patron, the Vicar of Topcliffe.

Valued in 1707, at 6. 4s.; and in 1818, at 58. 17s. 4d. per annum.

Augmented in 1731, with 200; in 1769, with 200; in 1787, with 200; and in 1802, with 200 -all by lot.

There is no glebe house.

No Register Books prior to 1812. The entries were made at Topcliffe and Kirby-on-the-Moor.

Charity:
School. One-fourth of the dividend on 250 navy fives. -Vide 4th Report, page 397.

Post town: Boroughbridge.


References:
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 37.


Further information:
ELDMIRE. -Here was formerly a Chapel, dedicated to the honour of St. Giles, in which Sir William Darell, Lord of Sessay, founded a Chantry, A.D. 1338.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014