GENUKI Home page    Rudby Rudby  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: MIDDLETON UPON LEVEN.     Church dedication: ST. CUTHBERT.

Langbarugh liberty, W.D. -Population, vide Hutton Rudby *1; Church-room, 80; Net value, vide Hutton Rudby.

Patron, vide Hutton Rudby.

Valued in 1707, at £4. 9s. 8d.; and in 1818, at £43. 13s. 6d. per annum *2.

Augmented in 1740, with £200; in 1772, with £200; in 1786, with £200; in 1792, with £200; in 1824, with £200; and in 1825, with £200 -all by lot.

There was no glebe house in 1818. No return in 1834.

The Register Books commence in 1754: deficient 1778 and 1779. -Vide transcripts at York.

Marriages are solemnized in this Chapel, but funerals take place at Hutton Rudby.

Parochial Charities. -No return.

Post town: Stokesley.


References:
Not noticed by Torre. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 134. Burton's Monasticon, page 350. Graves's Cleveland, page 175. Eastmead's Rievallensis, page 281.


Notes:
*1 Part of the township of Aislaby is in this parish. (not true! Wrong Aislaby and wrong Middleton. C.H.)

*2 Mr. Graves gives the particulars of income.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016