Bulmer wapentake. - Population, 156, vide Osbaldwick ; Chapel-room, 70; Net value, vide Osbaldwick. -The Prebendary of Osbaldwick is Lord of the town, and hath jurisdiction of all the inhabitants.
Patron, vide Osbaldwick.
No glebe house.
Register books, vide Osbaldwick. No marriages celebrated here.
Chapel Lands. -Two inclosures, copyhold of the manor of Strensall, called Far Watterland field, and Little Waterland field, or the Little Prickret-house, Batts, containing together seven acres, are charged under a decree of Commissioners of Charitable uses, dated 26th September 1677, with the payment of the yearly sums of 6s. 8d. and 5s., payable at Lady-day and Michaelmas, and with the repairs of the Chapel for use. The Curate to say divine service in the Chapel every second Sunday between All-Hal-lowmass and Candlemas, otherwise 4d. to be deducted from the aforesaid payments for each second Sunday on which service should be omitted. The grant was originally made in 1511, by Dr. Carrier, then Prebendary and Lord of the manor of Strensall.
Previous to the year 1815, the Chapel had been suffered to fall into a state of great dilapidation, and was become unfit for the performance of divine service. No repairs had been done for near thirty years preceding. In 1815, the vicar, churchwardens, and inhabitants, petitioned the Lord Chancellor, and some repairs were made, and service recommenced in 1818 ; the petition appears to have been abandoned, and the Chapel is nowagain desecrated. The Vicar has endeavoured, but in vain, to get it put into a proper state for the celebration of divine service.
Post town: York. Abp.
Torre's MS. (Peculiars), page 667. Sharp's MS., vol. iii, page 58.