GENUKI Home page    Thirsk Thirsk  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: SAND HUTTON THIRSK.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Birdforth wapentake. - Population, vide Thirsk ; Chapel-room, 150; Net value, 94.

Archbishop Sharp states, that he had been informed the late Sir William Aiskew had left 25 per annum to the Curate of Sand Hutton, for serving the Cure there.

Patron and impropriator, the Archbishop of York.

Valued in 1707, at 3. 10s. 2d. per annum.

Augmented in 1753, with 200; in 1758, with 200; in 1775, with 200; and in 1792, with 200 -all by lot.

An Inclosure Act was passed 33rd Geo. III.

The glebe house was returned in 1818 as unfit for residence, " being a very small cottage," and returned " unfit" in 1834.

The Register Books for Sand Hutton and Carlton commence in 1754. Deficient 1785.

Parochial Charities. -No return.

Post town: Thirsk.


References:
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 40. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Hottone), page 201. Not noticed by Torre.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014