GENUKI Home page    Scruton Scruton  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: SCRUTON.     Church dedication: ST. RADEGUND.     Church type: Rectory in charge.

Area, 1,940 acres. Hang East wapentake. -Population, 438; Church-room, 350; Net value, 515.

Patron, F. L. Coore, Esq.

Valued in the King's Books, at 14. 0s. 5d.

The glebe house is fit for residence.

The Register Books commence in 1572.

Charity:
William Whitwell's. Rent of one acre. -Vide 6th Report, page 633.


References:
Torre's MS., page 1593. Nonae Roll, page 237. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Scurvetune), page 102. Whitaker's Richmond, vol. ii. page 68.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014