GENUKI Home page    Appleton le Street Appleton le Street  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: SWINTON.     Church dedication: ST. MARY.

Rydall wapentake . -Population Appleton le Street; Church-room, 500; Net value, vide Appleton le Street.

Patron, the Vicar of Appletonle Street.

Valued in 1707, at 24 per annum *1.

Glebe house and Register Books. -No Return.

Parochial Charities, vide Appleton le Street.

Post town: Malton.


References:
Not noticed by Torre. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii.


Notes:
*1 For an account of the tenure of certain lands, see Blount, page 48.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014