Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: SHEFFIELD SAINT PHILIP. Church dedication: SAINT PHILIP. Church type: Perpetual Curacy.
Population, vide St. Peter's ; Church-room. 2,000; Net value, £135.
Patron, the Vicar of Sheffield.
This Church was built under the Parliamentary grant. Architecture Gothic, with tower and pinnacles. 755 free seats. Expense, £13,970. 16s. First stone laid 26th September 1822. Consecrated in 1829.
No district has yet been assigned.
No glebe house.
From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014