GENUKI Home page    Ecclesfield Ecclesfield  

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: WADSLEY.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Chapel-room, 660 *1.

Patrons, the Miss Hamsoms, of Weston House.

A Chapel has been lately built by the abovementioned ladies, and which has been consecrated.

Charity:
School. Endowment, rentcharge of 20s. a year, left by Margaret Bamforth, by will, dated in 1712, and 2a. 2r. 26p. of land. Some free scho-lars. -Vide 21st Report, page 616.


References:
Hunter's South Yorkshire, vol. ii. page 191. Hunter's Hallamshire, page 271.


Notes:
*1 Of which 222 are free sittings.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. 2013.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014