A description of the East Riding of Yorkshire
from Bulmer's Gazetteer (1892)
POLLING DISTRICTS AND PLACES.
The polling place for each of the following districts is at the place from which the polling
district is named.
- Barmston, comprising Barmston, Fraisthorpe, Gransmoor and Lissett.
- Bempton, comprising Bempton and Newsham, and Buckton.
- Bridlington, comprising Bridlington, Easton, and Sewerby and Marton.
- Burton Agnes, comprising Burton Agnes, Harpham, Haisthorpe, Great Kelk,
Little Kelk, and Thornholme.
- Burythorpe, comprising Burythorpe, Kennythorpe, Langton, and Leavening.
- Great Driffield, comprising Great Driffield and Little Driffield and
- Filey, comprising Filey and Muston.
- Fimber, comprising Fimber, Fridaythorpe, Raisthorpe and Burdale, and
- Flamborough, comprising Flamborough.
- Folkton, comprising Flixton, Folkton, and Willerby, Staxton and Binnington.
- Frodingham North, comprising Beeford, Brigham, Foston, North Frodingham,
- Grimston North, comprising Birdsall, Duggleby, North Grimston, Settrington,
Wharram-le-Street, and Wharram Percy.
- Heslerton West, comprising East Heslerton, West Heslerton, Knapton, and
- Hilderthorpe, comprising Auburn, Bessingby, Carnaby, Hilderthorpe, and
- Hunmanby, comprising Hunmanby.
- Hutton Cranswick, comprising Hutton Cranswick, Rotsea, Skerne, and
- Kilham, comprising Kilham and Ruston Parva.
- Kirkburn, comprising Eastburn, Garton, Kirkburn and Battleburn, Neswick,
Southburn, and Tibthorpe.
- Langtoft, comprising Cottam and Langtoft.
- Leppington, comprising Acklam, Howsham, Leppington, and Scrayingham.
- Middleton, comprising Bainton, North Dalton, Lund, and Middleton.
- Nafferton, comprising Lowthorpe, Nafferton, and Wansford.
- Norton, comprising Norton and Welham.
- Rillington, comprising Rillington, Scagglethorpe, Scampston, Thorpe Bassett,
- Rudston, comprising Boynton and Rudston.
- Sherburn, comprising Ganton and Sherburn.
- Sledmere, comprising Cowlam, Kirby Grindalythe, and Sledmere and
- Speeton, comprising Argam, Grindall, Reighton, and Speeton.
- Watton, comprising Bracken, Kilnwick, and Watton.
- Weaverthorpe, comprising Butterwick, Helperthorpe, Luttons Ambo,
Thirkleby, and Weaverthorpe.
- Westow, comprising Eddlethorpe, Kirkham, Menethorpe, and Westow and
- Wetwang, comprising Wetwang.
- Wold Newton, comprising Foxholes, Fordon, North Burton, Thwing and
Octon, and Wold Newton.
- Aldborough, comprising Aldborough, Cowdens Ambo, East Newton, Fitling,
Flinton, and Garton and Grimston.
- Beverley St. Martin, comprising St. Martin, Eske, Storkhill, and Tickton and
- Beverley St. Mary, comprising St. Mary, St. Nicholas, and Molescroft.
- Brandesburton, comprising Brandesburton, Hempholme, and Moortown.
- Burton Pidsea, comprising Burton Pidsea, Danthorpe, Elsternwick, Hilston,
- Easington, comprising Easington, Kilnsea, Out Newton, and Skeffling.
- Etton, comprising Cherry Burton, South Dalton, Etton,
Holme-on-the-Wolds, and Leconfield.
- Hedon, comprising Hedon, Paull, and Thorngumbald.
- Hornsea, comprising Atwick, Goxhill, Hornsea, and Mappleton and Rowlston.
- Kingston-upon-Hull, comprising Cottingham, Drypool, Garrison-side, Hessle,
Hull, Marfleet, Newington, Sculcoates, Southcoates, and Sutton-in-the-Borough.
- Keyingham, comprising Burstwick, Keyingham, Ottringham, and Ryhill and
- Leven, comprising Catwick, Leven, and Routh.
- Lockington, comprising Aike, Beswick, Lockington, Lockington-in-Kilnwick,
- Newbald North, comprising North Newbald.
- Owthorne, comprising South Frodingham, Hollym, Owthorne, Rimswell,
Waxholme, and Withernsea.
- Patrington, comprising Patrington, Sunk Island, and Winestead.
- Preston, comprising Preston.
- Roos, comprising Halsham, Roos, and Tunstall.
- Sigglesthorne, comprising Bewholme, Catfoss, Sigglesthorne, and Wassand
- Skipsea, comprising Bonwick, Dringhoe, Dunnington, Skipsea, and Ulrome.
- South Skirlaugh, comprising Arnold and North Skirlaugh, Benningholme and
The Grange, Coniston, Ellerby, Marton, Rise, Riston, South Skirlaugh, and
- Sproatley, comprising Bilton, Ganstead, Humbleton, Lelley Sproatley,
Thirtleby, West Newton and Burton Constable, and Wyton.
- Sutton, comprising Sutton and Stoneferry, and Wawne.
- Walkington, comprising Bishop Burton and Walkington.
- Welwick, comprising Holmpton and Welwick-with-Weeton and Plowland.
- Withernwick, comprising Hatfield Magna, Hatfield Parva, and Withernwick.
- Woodmansey, comprising Meaux, Thearne, Weel, and Woodmansey and
- Anlaby, comprising Anlaby, Kirk Ella, West Ella, and Willerby.
- Bishop Wilton, comprising Bishop Wilton-with-Belthorpe,
Givendale-with-Grimthorpe, and Youlthorpe-cum-Gowthorpe.
- Blacktoft, comprising Blacktoft, Faxfleet, Metham, and Yokefleet.
- Bubwith, comprising Aughton, Breighton and Gunby, Bubwith, North
Duffield, Ellerton, Harlthorpe, and Menthorpe-cum-Bowthorpe.
- Cave North, comprising North Cave, Everthorpe and Drewton, North Cliffe,
South Cliffe, Hotham, and South Newbald.
- Cave South, comprising Brantingham and Thorpe Brantingham, Broomfleet,
South Cave, and Ellerker.
- Cottingham, comprising Cottingham.
- Dunnington, comprising Dunnington and Kexby.
- Eastrington, comprising Balkholme, Caville-cum-Portington, and Eastrington.
- Elvington, comprising Elvington, Sutton-on-Derwent, and Wheldrake and
- Escrick, comprising Deighton, Escrick, Naburn, and Stillingfleet-with-Moreby.
- Everingham, comprising Beilby, Everingham, and Seaton Ross.
- Hemingbrough, comprising Brackenholme-cum-Woodhall, Cliff-cum-Lund,
South Duffield, Hemingbrough, and Osgodby.
- Heslington, comprising Gate Fulford, Water Fulford, Grimston, and
- Hessle, comprising Hessle.
- Holme-on-Spalding Moor, comprising Harswell and Holme-on-Spalding-Moor.
- Huggate, comprising Huggate.
- Howden, comprising Asselby, Barmby Marsh, Belby, Howden, Knedlington,
Thorpe and Wressle, Loftsome, Newsholme and Brind.
- Kirby Underdale, comprising Bugthorpe, Kirby Underdale and Garraby, and
- Laxton, comprising Cotness, Kilpin, Laxton, Saltmarshe, and Skelton.
- Little Weeton, comprising Rowley-with-Bentley, Risby, Hunsley, Riplingham
and Weeton Parva, and Skidby.
- Market Weighton, comprising Goodmanham, Market Weighton, and Sancton
- Melbourne, comprising Laytham, Melbourne, Storwood, and Thornton.
- Pocklington, comprising Allerthorpe, Barmby Moor, Bolton, Fangfoss,
Kilnwick Percy, Millington-with-Little Givendale, Owsthorpe, Pocklington,
Waplington, and Yapham and Meltonby.
- Riccall, comprising Barlby, Kelfield, Riccall, and Skipwith.
- Shipton, comprising Burnby, Hayton, Londesborough-with-Easthorpe, Shipton,
- Spaldington, comprising Foggathorpe, Gribthorpe, Spaldington, and Willitoft.
- Stamford Bridge East, comprising High Catton, Low Catton, Full Sutton,
Skirpenbeck, East Stamford Bridge, and West Stamford Bridge.
- Thorganby, comprising East Cottingwith and Thorganby-with-West
- Wallingfen, comprising Bellasize, Bishopsoil, Cheapsides, Gilberdike, Scalby,
- Warter, comprising Nunburnholme and Warter.
- Welton, comprising Elloughton and Brough, North Ferriby, Melton, Swanland,
Wauldby, and Welton.
- Wilberfoss, comprising Newton-on-Derwent and Wilberfoss.
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 22.15 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]