GENUKI Home page    Appleton le Moors Appleton le Moors

Lastingham parish:

Appleton le Moors, Vicars transcription:

The List of Vicars in Christ Church, Appleton le Moors.


Christ Church
Appleton-le-Moors

The church was consecrated by the Archbishop of York
Dr William Thompson on 26th July 1866. From time
immemorial APPLETON-LE-MOORS had been part of the
ancient parish of LASTINGHAM. It became a separate
parish in 1858 in the time of Rev R D Easterby,
Vicar of Lastingham, who had been appointed to
officiate in the new Church or Chapel when it was
first built. The first Vicar was appointed in 1869.
In 1951 the then Vicar of Lastingham was made priest-
in-charge. Since 1953 the two parishes have been held
in plurality, the Vicar of Appleton-le-Moors being also
Vicar of Lastingham.

LIST OF VICARS

1869Hugh Bethell Jones BA
1870James Morgan West MA
1872William Acreman
1876Thomas Lister L Th
1913George Moore BD
1915Alfred Woods MA
1919Francis Clifford Endecott B Sc
1951Cecil Gordon Thompson BA
1953Edward Hamilton Mowforth B Sc
1957John Stewart MA
1975Theodore H J Hawkins BA
1981Francis John Adam Hewitt BA


Data transcribed by
Haydn Scott.
from photography by Colin Hinson


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014