GENUKI Home page    Thirsk Thirsk

Thirsk parish:

Thirsk, Benefactions transcription:

The first list of Benefactions in St. Mary's Church, Thirsk.


AN ACCOUNT of the PIOUS
BENEFACTIONS
left to the POOR
of THIRSK for ever.
HENRY DAVISON, by his will dated 1629 gave 20s. a year in lands called OLDBY.

WILLIAM WRIGHTSON, by his will dated 1684 gave 5s. a year in two rood of land called WETLANDS

RICHARD WRIGHTSON, by his will dated 1725 gave 2s. a year to be given in white bread on Christmas Day in half an acre of land called KELL-HILL.

The Rev'd Mr. MIDGELEY, by his will dated 10th of Nov'r 1692 gave the sum of 15s. yearly and charged a close called Bransby Croft with the payment thereof.

Due to the Poor 10s. yearly from the Methodist Meeting House in Old Thirsk dated April 26th 1764 HENRY CROE by his last will dated 22nd of Sep'tr. 1657 gave four wands of land lying in the North Ings paying 16s. yearly.

Mr. RICHARD WILLIAM SCURR of THIRSK by a CODICIL dated October 28th 1879, to his will proved at York in 1881, Bequeathed to the Vicar and Churchwardens of Thirsk 500, duty free. The income whereof to be applicable for the purchase and distribution of Bread, Coals, Blankets or Warm Clothing, Yearly amongst the Poor of Thirsk.


Data transcribed by
Jack Parry.
from photography by Colin Hinson


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014