DOLES TO BE DISTRIBUTED IN THE PARISH OF BOLSTERSTONE
1. The Rev John Tyas, Vicar of Ecclesfield gave by Will dated July 27th 1580, the annual sum of 14s to be equally divided among the four Townships of which Bolsterstone is one.
2. Richard Morton of Hollinedge , gave by will which was proved at York June 10th 1668, the yearly rent of 20s from property in Silkstone due Dec. 25th.
3. John Hodgkinson Esq. gave by will dated Jan'y 15th 1780, Funded property producing 20s per annum.
4. Thos. Bland, Incumbent of Bolsterstone, gave by will, dated July 6th 1814, property now invested in the Wadsley and Langsett Turnpike Road, equal to about £197_5s_3d.at present producing about £7 per cent, part of which is arrears of unpaid interest.
5. Royd DOLE 10s a year is lost.
6. Worrals DOLE 25s a year is lost.
Data transcribed by
from photography by Colin Hinson