The centre of Hull was home to other parochial churches which have since been lost, including St Stephen, St Stephen's Square, consecrated 1845, demolished 1955; St Luke, St Luke Street, consecrated 1862, demolished post-war; St Barnabas, on the corner of Hessle Road and Boulevard, consecrated 1874, demolished after 1970; St Jude, Spring Bank, consecrated 1874, demolished after 1970; and St Thomas, Campbell Street, opened 1873, demolished post-war.
St John the Evangelist Church Drypool stood near the north-west corner of the Prince's Dock, close to the Wilberforce Monument. This plain, red brick church was the first to be erected in Hull after the town grew beyond its old city walls. It was consecrated in 1791 and opened in 1792 as a chapel of ease to Holy Trinity. It gained its own district in 1868, but closed in 1917 and was demolished when the parish was combined with Holy Trinity. Ferens Art Gallery now stands on the site.
Mariner's Church stood on Prince's Dock Street. The church is said to have been the first mariners' church established in England. A dissenting chapel was opened here in 1828 to serve mariners, but was found to be too small. The church shown here was its replacement, opened in 1834, with a neat brick front built in the Early English style. It consisted of a nave, with galleries all round, and contained sittings set apart for sailors and fishermen. Its date of demolition is unknown.
The Swedoborgian Chapel Dagger Lane stands on the eastern side of Dagger Lane, midway between Prince Street and Robinson Row. A chapel was built here in 1698 by Independents, and it thrived until 1767 when Blanket Row Chapel was opened as a replacement. The Swedoborgians gained it in 1783 and greatly enlarged it before moving to Spring Bank in 1875. It was later a synagogue, but in 1964 it was a warehouse, and by 2008 it had been converted into flats.