St James Church (in the Potteries) adjoined St James Square, on the eastern side of St James Street, near the Hessle Road. The church was consecrated in 1831 (although services had been held in a school since 1819). It was built in white brick in the Early English style, with five two-light windows on each side. St James gained a District Chapelry in 1874, but was demolished in 1957 and the parish combined with that of Holy Trinity. The site is now a public garden.
Salem Chapel stood on Cogan Street. Formed in 1832 by ten Congregationalists from Fish Street Chapel (or Nile Street, as stated elsewhere, used in 1782-1898), the chapel was built the following year. In 1841, further members of Fish Street formed Albion Church. The Congregationalists left Salem Chapel in 1914 and it was taken as a Synagogue to replace School Street Synagogue. It was replaced by West Parade Synagogue in 1940 after being destroyed in the war.
St Nicholas Danish Lutheran Church is on the north-west corner of Ferensway and Osborne Street. It was consecrated in 1871, replacing the Bethesda Congregational Chapel which was used in 1850-1851. The original Gothic building of this Scandinavian Church was of red brick, with a nave with an apsidal chancel, and tower with belfry and spirelet. The building was destroyed by bombing and the present church built on the other side of the street in 1955.
The Church of the Holy Apostles is on the eastern side of Walker Street, opposite the entrance to the Children's Centre. The church was dedicated in 1960 as a chapel of ease to Holy Trinity, replacing the former parish churches of St James (above), St Luke and St Thomas. It contains a number of fittings and memorials from these churches and was partly financed by money deriving from the compulsory purchase of St Luke's and from war damage compensation.
The Port of St Victor is on the western side of Walker Street, overlooking St Luke's Street across the green. Walker Street Methodist Chapel was used hereabouts in 1882-1930 before becoming the Zion Calvinist Chapel of Congregationalists. St Victor may be on the same site, but it is not certain. The Plymouth Brethren, Catholic Apostolics, Christian Pioneers, Peculiar Baptists, and United Christian Bands all worshipped in temporary premises in the town.
Western Synagogue lies on the western side of Convent Lane, midway along. The Sisters of Mercy Convent was founded in 1857 on Anlaby Road, near the end of Convent Lane, and was rebuilt about 1870. It moved to a new building in Southcoates Lane in 1931. The synagogue was founded further down the street in 1902, built by BS Jacobs in red brick with terracotta dressings and slate roof. It is not known when it was surrendered and the congregation moved elsewhere.
Friends Meeting House (Quakers) is on the western side of Bean Street, opposite Thorn Leigh. Quakers have been present in the city since the 1670s, initially meeting in private homes before gaining a meeting house in Lowgate after the Toleration Act of 1689. Various locations have been used since then, and most recently the members of Percy Street meeting room have moved to these former Probation Service Office in Bean Street, starting from 2007.
Holiness Church stands on the eastern side of Coltman Street, one building south of Beech Close. It was founded as Coltman Street Wesleyan Chapel in 1872, the only example in Hull of a purely Gothic Wesleyan chapel, consisting of nave, and north and south transepts. In 1916 the current Wesleyan Methodist chapel replaced the large, set-back property, but the Methodists have since left and the building now seems to be used as the premises of a tyre company.
Hessle Road Primitive Methodist Chapel stands on the south-west corner of Hessle Road and Madeley Street. The building was designed by William Freeman in white brick with stone dressings and built in 1880-1881, the most costly Primitive chapel in the city. It closed in 1933 and was taken over in 1934 by the Elim Pentecostal Church who renamed it City Temple, then closed again in 1984 when the City Temple moved to the Church on the Way. It is now in poor shape.