Corpus Christi Roman Catholic Church stands on the south-west corner of Spring Bank West and Church Way. During the later nineteenth century three new Catholic churches were built in the city following the success of St Charles Borromeo. A further ten were added in the twentieth century, spread all over the city, and one of these was Corpus Christi. The church was built for the Spring Bank West area of the city in 1932, to a design by the architect F Spink of Bridlington.
Derringham Bank Methodist Church stands inside the junction formed by Willerby Road and Spring Bank West. A Methodist school which also served as a chapel was registered on the site in 1933. It contained seating space for four hundred members of the congregation and was designed by Gelder and Kitchen. A separate chapel, the present one, was built in 1958, which contained four hundred and fifty sittings. This version was designed by B W Blanchard.
The Church of St Thomas occupies a plot on the south-east corner of Hotham Road South and Louis Drive. A temporary church in Anlaby was dedicated in 1941, assuming the title of St Thomas. It was the successor to St Thomas Campbell Street, Hull, which opened as a temporary church in 1873, with a permanent church following in 1882. This church was demolished following the Second World War and the present church was dedicated in 1957 as its replacement.
Priory Baptist Church stands on the western side of Hotham Road South, opposite Coventry Road, in the west of Hull. Cottingham Road Baptist Church aided in founding a Sunday school nearby on 1 June 1947. In 1956 a prefabricated building was erected on a site in Coronation Road, and it became independent in 1965. Forced from the site after the lease ran out, the present church was opened on 1 May 1976. Flood damage in 2007 was quickly repaired.
The Parish Church of the Ascension occupies a site set well back from the eastern side of Calvert Road, about sixty metres (yards) south of County Road South. A district was assigned to a temporary church in 1935, and this became the new parish in 1959, the year following the church's consecration. The temporary building, designed by Wellsted, Dosser, and Wellsted, was originally intended as a parish hall, but a chancel was added by F F Johnson in 1957-1958.
St Ninian's & St Andrew's United Reformed Church is on the eastern side of Chanterlands Avenue, immediately south of the railway bridge. Presbyterians opened St Ninian's Church along with a school hall in 1931 to replace Spring Bank Presbyterian Church (opened in 1875 to replace Dagger Lane Chapel, it was closed 1931, a warehouse in 1955, and was finally demolished in 1966). The new church was designed by J F Parkinson with Gothic features.
Perth Street (Primitive) Methodist Church occupies the north-east corner of Chanterlands Avenue and Perth Street. The church was opened as West Street Memorial Church in 1908, a temporary building to replace Mill Street Chapel (later West Street Chapel ), which closed in 1912 and was used as a dance hall before being destroyed by bombing in 1941. A new church was built on Perth Street in 1931, but it closed shortly before 2011 and its future is now uncertain.
St Cuthbert's Church sits on the northern side of Malborough Avenue, opposite Hardwick Street. The church was founded as a district church in the parish of St Augustine in 1906, when an iron building was erected. It was destroyed during the Second World War and was later replaced by the present brick building, designed by Douglas Potter of the firm of Gelder and Kitchen. It was dedicated in 1956, built partly by funds gained through the wartime loss of St Bartholomew's Church.
Kingston Evangelical Church is on the northern side of Park Grove, midway between Princes Avenue and The Parade. The church seems to have little data regarding its founding, but the building probably dates to 1910-1939. The present congregation seems to have Baptists leanings, to judge from the mention of the Baptist Confession of Faith (1689) on their web site. The church is one of a handful which is recommended by the Hull University Christian Union.