GENUKI Home page    Normanby Normanby  

NORMANBY:
Normanby Parish Registers, Burials - notes.

NOTES TO THE PARISH REGISTERS - [including names of local worthies]


In the Baptism Register, 1, May, 1745

By vertue of a Mandate from the Worshipful Dr. James(?) Sterne the Revd. Mr. Tho. Langstaff was inducted into the Rectory of Normanby by me Phil. Bainebridge, Vr. of Edstone.

Witnesses


In the Burial Register, 3, January, 1741

A Terrier of the Houses, etc, Garden, Glebe and Tithes both Great and Small, offering, Mortuaries, Surplice Dress belonging to the Rectory of Normanby subscribed and attested.

[A Terrier is a listing of assets or buildings etc - usually used for audit or valuation purposes]


In the Burial Register, 22, April, 1756

A True and an exact Copy of the Terrier of the Rectory of Normanby drawn up and Delivered in to Arch Bishop of Yorke Court June 5th 1749. The Rectory consists of a Store House and Barn and a Room for fewel adjoyning to the Barn all covered with Thatch, The House contains a Parlor, Kitchin, Staircase, Back Kitchin, and Milk House. Before the House is a Garden and behind it is a little Orchard and a Close containing about two Acres and except the Church Yard this is all the Glebe belonging to the Rectory. The whole Lordship is inclosed and Tyth in Kind, Offerings and all other Ecclestastical dues are due from every farm except Rubarugh which pays a Modus of four pounds a year by two equal payments at Lady-day and St. Michaels


In the Burial Register, 27, August, 1762

By vertue of a Mandate from the Worshipful Franas Blackburne, M.A., the Rev'd Mr. Richd Brown was inducted into the Rectory of Normanby by Wm. Comber, Vicar of Kirkbymoorside

In the presence of Thomas Huddlestone, Churchwarden.


In the Burial Register, 8, February, 1814

By vertue of a Mandate from the Right Worshipful Charles Baillie, Clerk, Master of Arts, Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry of Cleveland, The Revd Arthur Cayley, A.B. was inducted into the Rectory of Normanby by Christr. Dowker, A.M. Vicar of Salton

Witnesses:


In the Burial Register, 12, February, 1894

The Rev. James Hill who succeeded the Rev. Arthur Cayley died 2nd, December, 1893, aged 73, after being Rector for 45 years. His Grace William Dalrymple, Lord Archbishop of York instituted in person in the Parish Church the Rev. Reginald James Hill, M.A., Vicar of Salton to the Rectory of Normanby on 12th February 1894. By virtue of his mandate the new Rector was inducted on the same day by the Rev. Canon Hudson, Rector of Gilling and Rural Dean.

Witnesses


On the last page of the First Baptism Register are entered


20, June 1748

Mr. Robinson sent four Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to


1, May, 1749

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent four Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to


17, April,1750

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent four Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to


6, July, 1751

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent four Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to


8th, June, 1752

Tho. Robinson Esq. of Welbourn sent six Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to


1753

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent four Bibles, given to:


26th, February, 1755

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent six Bibles:


1756

Testaments etc were sent by Tho. Robinson Esq.


29th, December, 1757

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent six Bibles


Original html formatting by Paul Benyon 2001.
Data transcribed by Denis All rights reserved.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014