"ACKLAM, a parish in the western division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles E.S.E. from Stockton upon Tees, containing 105 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Archbishop of York."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]