"ACKLAM, a parish, in the western division of the liberty of Langbaurgh, in the North Riding of the county of York 3 miles S.E. of Stockton. Middlesbrough is the post town. It lies near the river Tees and the Darlington railway. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of York, value £44, in the patronage of T. Hustler, Esq., of Acklam Hall."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013