GENUKI Home page    Ainderby Steeple Parish<br>main page Ainderby Steeple
Parish
main page

AINDERBY STEEPLE:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"AINDERBY STEEPLE, a parish in the eastern division of the wapentake of GILLING EAST, North riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Ainderby Steeple, Morton, Thirntoft, and Warlaby, and containing 768 inhabitants, of which number, 266 are in the township of Ainderby-Steeple, 2 miles W.S.W. from North Allerton. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Richmond, and diocese of Chester, rated in the king's books at 13. 6.8., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Helen."


"MORTON, a township in the parish of AINDERBY-STEEPLE, eastern division of the wapentake of GILLING, North riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles W.S.W. from North Allerton, containing 240 inhabitants. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."


"THIRNTOFT, a township in the parish of AINDERBY-STEEPLE, eastern division of the wapentake of GILLING, North riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles S.W. from North Allerton, containing 165 inhabitants."


"WARLABY, a township in the parish of AINDERBY-STEEPLE, eastern division of the wapentake of GILLING, north riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles S.S.W. from North Allerton, containing 97 inhabitants."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014