Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
"ALDBOROUGH, a parish in the N.R. of Yorkshire."
"ROECLIFFE, (given as "ROUCLIFFE") in the parish of Aldborough, in the North Riding of Yorkshire, on the Ure, W. of
Boroughbridge, was parcel of the earldom of Cornwall, and bestowed by Edw. II. on his favourite, Piers Gaveston."
Stephen Whatley's England's Gazetteer, 1750]
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014