Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for ALLERSTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
Postal Address - Allerston, Pickering. Letter Box cleared at 4-40 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Atkinson Henry, grocer, &c.
- Bell Henry, schoolmaster
- Beswick George, estate joiner
- Brown Thos., carrier to Pickering on Mondays
- Galtry Henry, mason and builder
- Hudson Jane, carrier to Scarbro' on Thursdays
- Lawson William, vict., Cayley Arms
- Leng Cooper, boot and shoe maker
- Pennock Thomas, joiner
- Rogers Christopher, blacksmith and assistant overseer
- Rogers Robert, tailor, &c.
- Rogers Thomas Ransom, carrier to Scarboro' Thursdays, and Malton on Saturdays
- Smales J., station master, &c., Wilton street
- Smith John, grocer, &c.
- Ward George Robert, Allerston mill
- Ward William & George Robert, corn millers and farmers, Allerston and Ebberston mills
- Barnaby Thomas, Crosscliffe
- Coverdale William
- Crow Vessey
- Gray William
- Hind William, Manor house
- Martindale William, Crosscliffe
- Massey John, Ingleby
- Massey William, Staindale
- Miles Robert William, White hall, Marshes
- Mook Christopher, Givendale
- Newlove James, Marsh lodge
- Orrah William
- Pearson John, Crosscliffe
- Pearson Robert, Crosscliffe
- Peirson Robert, Crakehall lodge, Marshes
- Prodham Valentine, Low farm
- Smith James
- Ward William, Partings farm
- Webster Ann, Marsh grange
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.53 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]