GENUKI Home page    Arkengarthdale Parish Arkengarthdale
Parish

In 1822, the following places were in


the Parish of Arkengarthdale:


"ARKLE TOWN, a hamlet in the parish of Arkengarthdale, ¼ mile SSE. of Langthwaite, 3 miles NW. of Reeth."


"BOOZE, a hamlet in the parish of Arkengarthdale wapentake of Gilling West and liberty of Richmondshire; ½ mile E. of Langthwaite, 3 miles NW. of Reeth."


"DALE HEAD, in the parish of Arkengarthdale, 3¼ miles NW. of Langthwaite, 7 miles NW. of Reeth."


"ESKELETH, in the parish of Arkengarthdale, 1 mile NW. of Langthwaite, 4 miles NW. of Reeth."


"FAGGERGILL, (and High Faggergill) in the parish of Arkengarthdale, wapentake of Gilling West, and liberty of Richmondshire; 2¼ miles NW. of Langthwaite, 6 miles NW. of Reeth."


"LANGTHWAITE, in the parish of Arkengarthdale, wapentake of Gilling-West; 3½ miles NW. of Reeth."


"PLANTATION, or Lilly Jocks, a single house in the township and parish of Arkengarthdale; 1¼ miles NNW. of Langthwaite, 3 miles from Reeth."


"SCAR HOUSE, (Manor-House) in the township and parish of Arkengarthdale; ½ mile NNW. of Langthwaite, 3 miles from Reeth."


"SEAL HOUSES, a hamlet in the parish of Arkengarthdale; 2 miles NW. of Langthwaite, 5 miles NW. of Reeth."


"WHAW, a hamlet in the parish of Arkengarthdale; 1¾ miles NW. of Langthwaite, 5 miles NW. of Reeth."

[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014