Open a form to report problems or contribute information

 
1 Introduction 2 Message details 3 Upload file 4 Submitted

Help and advice for In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Bedale:

If you have found a problem on this page then please report it on the following form. We will then do our best to fix it. If you are wanting advice then the best place to ask is on the area's specific email lists. All the information that we have is in the web pages, so please do not ask us to supply something that is not there. We are not able to offer a research service.

If you wish to report a problem, or contribute information, then do use the following form to tell us about it.

We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Bedale:


"AISKEW, in the parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang East, and liberty of Richmondshire; ½ mile NE. of Bedale. This village is separated from the town of Bedale by a rivulet, called Bedale Brook. Here are two Anabaptist chapels, (ministers non-resident and a Roman Catholic chapel, Monsieur Francis Herman, minister. Pop. 620."


"BENKIL GRANGE, in the township and parish of Bedale; (the seat of the Rev. John J. Monson,) ¼ of a mile SSE. from Bedale."


"BURRILL, (with Cowling), in the parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang East, and liberty of Richmondshire; 1¾ miles WSW. of Bedale. Pop. 113."


"COBSHAW, a farm house in the township of Langthorne, and parish of Bedale; 2¼ miles from Bedale."


"COWLING, in the township of Burrill, and parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang East, and liberty of Richmondshire; 2 miles W. of Bedale. Pop. with Burrill, 113."


"FIRBY, in the parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang East, and liberty of Richmondshire; 1½ mile S. of Bedale. Pop. 76."


"FIRBY GRANGE, a hamlet in the township of Firby, and parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang-East; ¾ mile SSW. of Bedale."


"GREAT CRAKEHALL, (and Little Crakehall) in the parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang East, and liberty of Richmondshire (the seat of Henry Percy Pulleine, Esq.); 1¾ miles WNW. of Bedale. A most delightful village forming a square on the sides of an extensive green, finely ornamented with lofty trees. On one side is the mansion of Colonel H. P. Pulleine, and on another that of James Robson, Esq. Here is a Methodist and an Anabaptist chapel. Pop. 550."


"KIRKBRIDGE, in the parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang East, and liberty of Richmondshire; 1½ miles NNW. of Bedale."


"KIRKBY BRIDGE, a hamlet in the township of Crakehall, and parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang-East; 1½ miles NNW. of Bedale, 5 from Catterick, 9 from Leyburn."


"LANGTHORNE, in the parish of Bedale, and wapentake of Halikeld; 2½ miles NNW. of Bedale. Population, 135."


"LEASES, (the seat of Mrs Arden) in the township of Aiskew, and parish of Bedale; 2¼ miles NNE. of Bedale, 4½ from Catterick, 6½ from Northallerton."


"LITTLE CRAKEHALL, in the parish of Bedale, and township of Crakehall, and only separated from it by a small rivulet."


"LITTLE LEEMING, a farm house in the parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang East, & liberty of Richmondshire; 2 miles ENE. of Bedale."


"LOW HOLTBY, (or Little Holtby) in the parish of Bedale, wapentake of Hang East, & liberty of Richmondshire ; 3 miles N. of Bedale."


"RAND GRANGE, a single house in the township of Crakehall, and parish of Bedale; ¾ mile NW. of Bedale."

[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016